Friday 28 August 2015

The Face on the Milk Carton

By Caroline Cooney


Face on the Milk Carton
Image from: www.carolinebcooneybooks.com

What if you found out your parents weren't actually your parents?
What if you realized a family somewhere had been looking for you for 12 years?
What if you wanted your life to stay the same?
What would you do?

The Face on the Milk Carton tackles all of these questions and got me thinking what would I do if it were me?  The author, Caroline Cooney, got the idea for this series when she saw a missing person profile on a milk carton and wondered what it must be like for the family who spent  all those years looking for their child. I would recommend this book for Grade 7 & 8; it is the first in a series so if you like it there are a few more. I read it on Overdrive but we have it in the library too.

Parent Point: Some relationship details included in this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment